Friday, May 9, 2008

The difference between "could" and "should"

No, I'm not going to teach you a grammatical lesson.

It's about the difference of what young children could do and what she/he should be doing related to her/his age.

One day a teacher of mine gave us an article about these two words and I wanted to share it with you.

Here it is:

Teaching Young Children
(or the difference between could and should)



Now I ask to myself: Why is important to be conscious of where we should reach in a learning process? Maybe you could help me....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once I had a teacher of spanish language that, as we were pretty good at syntax analysis, started teaching us more advanced lessons because we had the capacity. However, we only were 13 years old, and we end studing 18 years old's level! Finally she realized she had gone too far and calmed down, and got back to teach us just our right level...

Anonymous said...

Me flipa "flippantly".

Thanks for this new word in my vocabulary. Good luck with your blog!

Anonymous said...

I find quite interesting the idea of the way that kids should be taught.

I think is more useful for the pupil's future life to improve their skills through a education based in sensorial, psychomotor and social skills development, rather than a text book based learning way.

I guess this theory works even better when the children are really young (0-6 years old).

Anonymous said...

I prefer that kind of learning too godie! But I also think it's good to combine it with the text book(especially from primary onward) so they could check out both and take the best of each one.

Anonymous said...

ok